Hazardous Materials Classification
There are nine hazardous material classifications that are consistent across all government agencies who regulate the transportation of dangerous goods for both national and international levels.
Our Specialty Hazardous Materials Classifications
Mayken™ is trained, qualified, certified and experienced to perform six classifications listed below.
Hazardous Materials Classification 3
- Flammable liquids and combustible liquids (fuel, methanol, solvents etc)
This is most commonly found at work site or accident sites.
Hazardous Materials Classification 4
- Flammable solids (spills/contamination)
- Spontaneously combustible materials; and
- Dangerous when wet materials
- Water-reactive substances
Again, these types of cleanups tend to involve work site related spills and or accident scenes that require cleaning.
Hazardous Materials Classification 5
- Oxidizing substances and organic peroxides (fertilizers)
You'll find these types of sites that require cleaning tend to be industrial or farming locations.
Hazardous Materials Classification 6
- Toxic substances and infectious substances (crime and trauma)
Cleaning up biohazard substances involve crime and/or trauma and health related cleanups.
Hazardous Materials Classification 8
- Corrosive substances
Typically found in industrial cleanup situations.
Hazardous Materials Classification 9
- Miscellaneous hazardous materials/products, substances or organisms
Above and beyond these classifications, Mayken™ is also trained and experienced in the cleanup and remediation of decontaminating and neutralizing all types of drug labs including fentanyl, meth and marijuana grow ops. Our specialized breathing gear, hazardous material suits and outer wear protect us from dangerous odors, chemicals, and other materials and allow us to properly inspect, cleanup and return hazardous situations back to their original condition.
Other Hazardous Materials Classifications
Please call us as well if you require services for the following classifications. We have a full source of referrals and connections to help you with any service needed:
- Classification 1 - Explosives
- Classification 2 - Compressed or Flammable Gas
- Classification 3 - Radioactive
Not Sure if You're Dealing With a Hazardous Material?
Have you encountered a spill situation and concerned it may be hazardous materials? We can help determine the classification, the cleanup process required and how we can assist you.
Hazardous materials are serious business
Get in touch with Mayken™ today