Being a hoarder can be extremely dangerous to your health. A lot of people make fun of it – some TV shows are responsible for that – but it can have severe negative impacts on your lifestyle, the safety of your home and your overall health.
But what health hazards are we talking about? And how does hoarder cleaning services in Calgary help?
The Dangers Of Being A Hoarder
Listed below are some of the dangers of being a hoarder:
- Mold can grow in dark areas, and those mold spores can cause severe breathing problems to individuals, especially those that are allergic.
- A large amount of dust in your home, as well as odors and ammonia from decaying products, can cause serious indoor air quality issues. It can result in various respiratory problems – chronic coughing, shortness of breath, and inflammation of the lungs.
- Leftover feces and urine from animals (and yes, even some people) spread airborne bacteria, such as E. coli. While high levels of urine can raise ammonia levels, making it harmful to those with cardiac or respiratory conditions
- An overload of garbage invites bug infestations, which can be dangerous for your health. Some bugs spread diseases such as West Nile virus (from mosquitos), Lyme disease (from ticks), and E. coli and Salmonella. That is not to mention the grossness of them infesting your home.
- Hoarding also invites rodents such as mice and rats that can also bring bacteria, diseases, and viruses, some of which can be fatal.
- There is a higher chance of tripping over and hurting yourself. People have broken, fractured, cracked and twisted bones, ligaments and muscles, while navigating around their hoarding. There is also the chance of collapsing clutter falling on you, causing you severe injury.
- You are also exposed to higher chances of a fire starting, due to all the waste. A fire can break out at any minute, and you might be stuck because of all the debris.
The Solution Of Hoarding? Hoarder Cleaning Services
Removing the hoard and cleaning the home is a necessary first step in ensuring your safety and well-being. If you suspect that someone you know, or if you are suffering from being a hoarder, then you must get hoarder cleaning services.
A professional in hazmat in Calgary will come to your location and conduct a thorough clean-up for the home. They have the proper protection, clothing and tools to remove any bio-hazardous items, eliminate any infestations, remove any mold or mildew and secure the structure of the home.
Once that is completed, the experts will help with odor removal (through an air purification system), and bring in a professional organizer to help get your home back in order.
Don’t risk your health or that of someone you know with being a hoarder. Get hoarder cleaning services in Calgary today.