For millions of years, mould has existed. They’re fungi that live in hundreds of thousands of places from in the air to places in homes. Its growth is encouraged by warm and humid conditions, such as basements, cellars, and bathroom showers.
Mould in the home is something that should be addressed immediately. Some people are sensitive to moulds, which can cause nasal stuffiness, eye irritations, wheezing, or skin irritations. Others who suffer from a chronic lung illness are prone to develop infections in the lungs if they are continuously exposed. Recent studies have linked early mould exposure to the development of asthma in children, particularly those susceptible to asthma development.
Suffering from sinus-like allergies at home, and only at home, is an indication of possible mould infection.
If you are suspicious of mould growth in your home or have recurrent respiratory issues, consulting a professional, such as Mayken Hazmat Solutions, about inspection and removal is more than a good idea. It is not always visible, but trained professionals can perform air quality tests and evaluate your home for potential mould inhibitions that could be causing you and your family illnesses by locating the cause of the water infiltration, and will rebuild and restore your mould-infested area to like-new quality.
Mould is an unwelcome visitor that can potentially make you and your family ill. If you suspect your home has a problem, call us today to get your family and your home back on the road to health, comfort, and happiness.